Sleep is an essential component maintaining health and wellness. The best way is to achieve 7-8 hour of restful sleep every night. If you can’t get 7 hours of sleep in one spot, it is recommended that you get a 20-minute nap during the day instead or in addition to. A restful and relaxing sleep keeps your heart healthy and lowers your stress levels. It also reduces your risks for chronic diseases like heart diseases, stroke, diabetes and cancer. Sleeps helps to fight aging and helps improve your memory. It helps you stay sharper and more vibrant.
How do you get a good night’s sleep?
- Stay away from social media, watching TV and video games. Just relax and try to get some sleep.
- Don’t eat just before you go to bed. Food can speed up your metabolism and may give you an unwanted surge of energy.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco.
- Try to get rid of all the sounds and light in your bedroom to make it as soothing and relaxing as possible. Keep your bedroom at a cool temperature.
- Train your mind that your bedroom is a place to sleep and rest.
- Try to do regular exercises in a day but not before bedtime.
Go to bed at the same time each night.